Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On the Needles

To no one's surprise, my WIP collection is growing. I need all the encouragement I can get to move these projects off my needles.

1. Springtime Bandit (by Kate Gagnon)
free pattern here.

yarn: 2 sk. Malabrigo Merino in test color Silver (an ImagiKnit exclusive!)
needles: size 9 circulars
notes: First of all, the yarn is INCREDIBLE. I'm no stranger to Malabrigo, but particular colorway I'm working with is just amazing. Definitely wasn't an easy project to start, but once I learned my way around the chart, it basically flew off the needles. I'm about 18 rows from bind off and I'm still on skein #1.


2. Jasmine (by Kim Hargreaves)
from Nectar

yarn: 5 balls Baby Ull (Dalegarn)
needles: size 2 and 3 circulars
notes: I started off strong and fizzled quickly. The second front syndrome hit hard. All I have left is some edging, seaming, and blocking and I can't get myself to pick it up. Yikes.



3. Owls (by Kate Davies)
free pattern on Ravelry

yarn: 2 sk. Eco Wool (Cascade)
needles: size 10 and 10.5 circulars
notes: Started as a knit-a-long with my coworkers. Most of us failed miserably. I have two long sleeves ahead of me before I can start the cable pattern, but at least everything is seamless. The yarn is 1) cheap, 2) smells sheepy, and thus
, gets an A+ in my book.


4. Skinny Empire (by Wendy Bernard)
from Custom Knits

yarn: 5-6 sk. Bamboo Silk (Ella Rae)
needles: size 5 circulars
notes: Modifying the pattern to work with this delicious DK yarn I was dying to use. I came upon this book following one too many tedious seamed projects and so far I love the classic top-down raglan construction. It looks itty-bitty, so I plan to try it on before I get any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment