Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morning Fog Mitts

I love the weather of San Francisco almost as much as I love complaining about it. But since cool-weather accessories like fingerless mitts and cowls are my favorite things to cook up, I've been getting busy. My timing is obviously a little off as July is right around the corner, but I'm posting these mitts regardless. For all the folks out there still fighting chilly breezes and cool nights, today is your day! For everyone else, I'll see ya in the fall.


Shopping? These hand crocheted mitts are listed here.

100% merino wool
hand wash, dry flat
$24




Making a pair for yourself? Free pattern is listed on Ravelry (search: Morning Fog Mitts from K.M. Knits/Katelyn Cowan). If you're not registered for Ravelry, the PDF is available from Google Sites.

They use only a small amount of worsted weight yarn (don’t tell me I’m the only person with random Malabrigo leftovers all over the place) and can be worked up in no time. A perfect beginner project for newbies (and experts with fabulous taste). Work them up over a couple episodes of evening trash TV and face tomorrow morning’s cruel fog lookin’ fancy and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment